Subject: Re: Personal Toaster upgrades
From: Manny <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Boyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: LIghtwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:56:33 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Dave Boyer wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, Dave Boyer wrote:
> 
>  I just upgraded my 2.0 Toaster to 3.1/3.5 and have some queestions:>
>  	1) Is this the most up to date version that will run on my 
>  machine?  I have a 2000 with a GVP G-force 030 50 Mhz, 18 meg RAM, 2 Meg 
>  fast RAM and 1.1 Gig HD.
No, the most current is Toaster 4.0.  You can upgrade to Toaster 4.0 for 
free if you just recently purchased your Toaster 3.1/3.5.

>  	2) My dealer sold me Workbench 3.1.  Representatives at both 
>  Newtek and RGB (for Amilink VT) have since informed me that this version was 
>  not sanctioned and that I can expect to have some problems.  As I have yet to 
>  experience any glitches, I was wondering if anyone might know what sort 
>  of problems I could expect to encounter.  Also, if 3.1 Workbench is a bad 
>  idea, what version should my dealer have unloaded on me?
I am using an A2000 with a GVP G-Force 030 Combo board with 9 megs of ram,
a megachip 2000, Toaster 2.0 card with 3.1 software, PAR card w/540 meg hd,
and AmigaDOS 3.1.  I have had OS 3.1 for about 7 months now and have not had
any problems whatsoever with the Toaster or any software I am currently 
using.  I also installed 3.1 on my A3000 LightWave Rendering Station and
had minor problems with utilities written for OS 2.x.

>  	3) Has anyone heard anything new about the release of 060's for 
>  2000's?

The accelerators should be coming out in late November or whenever Motorola
decides to release the chip. The 060's coming out are from Phase5 and DKB.
Phase5s' board retails for $999.99 and has a 50mhz 060, with a SCSI II 
interface, and RAM expansion to 64 or 128 megs(I don't have an ad to look 
at).  The DKB version retails for $1599.99 and has SCSI II, 128 meg Ram 
expandability, and other neat features like a PCI bus( I have no idea what
this card looks like), Ethernet, and uses 64bit ram.

> Dave Boyer <[email-masked]> sent this message.
> To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
> Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
> (DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
> Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]
> 
Hope this helps you out.

                                                           Manny..

--
Manny <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]